National Stroke Week Monday August 31 – Saturday September 6, 2020 is reflecting the unique times we are living in.
Stroke Foundation Victoria State Manager Eamonn O’Toole tells Dave the Stroke Foundation’s annual awareness campaign is just as important as ever because stroke does not stop for a pandemic
This National Stroke Week, Stroke Foundation is celebrating F.A.S.T. heroes around the country – the everyday Australians who know and can recognise the most common signs of stroke F.A.S.T!.
- Face Check their face. Has their mouth drooped?
- Arms Can they lift both arms?
- Speech Is their speech slurred? Do they understand you?
- Time is critical If you see any of these signs call triple zero (000) straight away.
Why should you care?
- One in four people globally will have a stroke in their lifetime
- More than 475,000 Australians are living with the impact of stroke.
- Too many people are delaying hospital presentation during COVID-19, putting their lives at risk.