Severe Weather Manager Alex Melitsis from the Bureau of Meteorology Tasmania chats with Dave about the windy wet weather on the way. The information is current for Thursday, 10 August 2017 as at 1.30pm.
Weather warnings are regularly updated each day on our website at www.bom.gov.au/tas/warnings/
Alex explains the state can expect
- Damaging winds around 100km/h expected late Friday evening and early Saturday morning
- A Severe Weather Warning is expected to be issued Friday morning for damaging winds
- Rain in the west, up to 30-40mm expected on Friday and again on Saturday
- Thunderstorms possible on Friday.
- Winds to ease Sunday, but showers and windy conditions will continue into next week.